Monday, December 22, 2014

Big Eyes cover for Written By Magazine


This is my new illustration for the cover of the Writers Guild magazine Written By, depicting the screenwriters Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski, whose new film BIG EYES directed by Tim Burton opens on Christmas day.

I was asked to channel the artist Margaret Keane's "Big Eyes" paintings. The film is a biography of Margaret and her late husband Walter Keane, who falsely took full credit for decades as the creator of the iconic Big Eyes paintings.

the finished art
 my initial pencil sketch

the printed cover, art directed by Ron Tammariello

at the NY preimiere after-party for BIG EYES on 12/15
I had the pleasure of meeting Margaret Keane,
and showed her my illustration of
Scott and Larry. She was delighted with it and told me
I had a future in art.


No comments:

Post a Comment